08 March 2007

Best Friend’s Corner aka “Everything you wanted to know about Bob but were afraid to ask.”

OK, I sent my best friend a link to the blog and she has requested equal time... So I present to you, unedited her first in what she promises will be an ongoing soliloquy of the life and times of me... BTW, THE DUCK is my favorite pub/hangout.

When Bob first showed me his new website, I decided I could not go on silently. There are things the world should know about Bubby. We’ll start there. No one calls Bob “Bob.” It simply is not his name. 98% of the world calls him “Jr.” 1% (who are not in the know) call him Bob. 1% calls him “Bubby”, that 1% is me. So for all of you who now know, you will begin calling him “Jr.” It may seem strange at first, but trust me, he will respond.
That being said, you all need some background. Jr is from the north (Massachusetts to be exact) which makes him a Yankee. He’s still a great guy, but now you all know the truth. I would ask that you all still speak to him anyway. Jr was transplanted to Texas due to a tremendous job opportunity. I am now hoping he will open a diner. He makes the best beer battered fish I have ever had (and I’m not a girl that misses a lot of meals.) If any of you are reading this from THE DUCK, have him make you fish some time- outstanding!
I think I’ve given up enough for now. There is so much more to come. You see, Jr is a fascinating creature who has had many adventures. Future blogs will feature “Nights of buffoonery”, “The great freezer incident”, “Turkey Last Dance”, and “How to meet your best friend while on a survey.” Some of these tales will frighten you, some will astonish you, but I promise, they are all completely true.
Signed,
Bad Girl Jan San
Aka: Bubby’s best friend

No comments: